Friday, January 4, 2013

Bluebonnets...

So happy to have finished something I actually started earlier this year.  

Here's a peek...

Closeup of leaves...



Closeup of tip of a flower...

The picture below is what started this art quilt...


I took this photo while taking a walk in my Mom's neighborhood.  During our walk, my Mom was telling me how clear everything looked to her.  She was recovering from having cataract surgery.  We stumbled upon a field of these bluebonnets & my Mom said, "Oh how beautiful!  So many bluebonnets in one field".  So I named my quilt, "Vision of Beauty". 

For a look at my bluebonnet art quilt, go to Gallery-Floral.

If you're interested in seeing the process of how I created this quilt, see my July 3, 2012 blog post labeled Bluebonnets...

Stay tuned because I still have to post pictures from the Houston Inter'l Quilt Show.  I'll try to get around to it during the early part of next week.  I like to include the quilter's name if I post a picture of their quilt in my blog.  This usually takes a little extra time.  

Hope you enjoy viewing my quilt & the process it took to create it.

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog.

Enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment