Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Getting Inspired...

I can't explain why some days I can't get into a creative mood.  Maybe it's tiredness, from a full time job, or maybe it's simply a dry spell for whatever reason...I've learned that you can't wait to feel creative.....you have to just do it....even if it's just to get started.....it's a discipline...

So I've gone back to making progress on my Yellow Swallow Tail butterfly...focusing on that flower in my drawing below with no color.....

On Sunday, I selected the fabrics and ironed them...this is all I had time for....I'm going to take Nancy Zieman's approach of making progress in short spurts of time...I don't look at the clock....I just decide to work a little bit each day....it truly is a discipline....you just have to do it...


On Monday......I began tracing the petal shapes on pellon wonder under, fused to the fabric, cut out my petal shapes, fused on to adjacent petal shapes, and I get excited...I kept going for as long as I could....by the way....that shiny surface in the background is an applique pressing sheet...



A flower begins to form so I fuse the petal edges to the larger Zinnia...


A closeup...


On Tuesday...I place on the background fabric...it's not yet fused to background fabric...I've pinned just enough so I can think about whether I'm happy with this background...


I'm not sure if I want that entire green fabric as the entire background....I think I'll mix it up for a more interesting visual...



Wednesday....I'm writing this update....I'll do a little more work today....I'll have time to post my progress tomorrow.....the time just slips away when I'm lost in the process.....it's such great therapy....I'm in heaven when I'm in the zone...

Until next time.....thanks for stopping in to read this update....I hope you enjoyed it....







No comments:

Post a Comment