Friday, April 19, 2013

Fresh Cut Roses.......

It's been slightly over a month since my last post.....even though there is inspiration everywhere you look.....I have to confess that I too often come to a creative road block.   It doesn't matter the why......we just have to find a way to work through the road block and find our way back to creating again.

While I don't have anything new or ready to post.....I will post pictures of my fresh cut roses from my garden & the roses art quilt that I created a few years ago.....

This one rose had a nice hot pink color....we all feel this strong & vibrant at some point in time during the day.....





This next pic is from the same rose but about two days or so after I cut it.....looking a bit paler.....does it needs vitamins???  






Snapshot below of the roses done with fabric & quilted........




Notice that the fabric, in the quilt, with the hot pink in it was a commercial fabric that was hand dyed with a range of yellows, splatters of orange, and light pink to hot pink color.....all in that one fabric I bought a few years ago......a great piece of fabric that I have now used up........I'll have to dye my own in the future....



After a few days......a rose begins to age......like all living things.....but even though it's aging......there is still beauty showing through......




their lovely petals begin to fall & curl.........and they still look pretty......I usually leave them at the base of the vase.....they have the shape of teardrops....but not in a sad way......


Here's a yellow/orange version for those of you who prefer yellow roses........




If you're a quilter or a painter.....you can make a bouquet of roses last much longer by creating your subject in fabric or painting on a canvas..........below is the quilted version I created a few years ago........all done in fabric, subtle value changes, machine quilted.......no fabric paints....



Not the best picture because it's taken with my IPhone....guess I need to figure out which app will give me the highest resolution for taking great pics with my phone.....I'm open for suggestions...

I've already heard from followers of my blog.....who by the way are not officially registered as followers because your picture would show up under my followers section......

I know....I know....I need to stay on top of updating my blog every two weeks or so.......I will do my best.....sigh!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend......

Until next time..........














No comments:

Post a Comment