Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Yellow Tiger Swallowtail...

It's been a while since my last post.   I'm slower these days at creating & getting back to making quilts but, I'll have to just keep at it in spurts of time.

Below is the project I've been trying to get back to.

This drawing is enlarged from a photo I've taken in my backyard.  I've started with a small photo and traced simple shapes.  Below is my enlarged drawing.  I've mentioned the process in other posts so I won't mention it this time. 


I've made a lot of art quilts with just flowers and now I need to challenge myself by adding insects, bees, or butterflies to my flowers. 

I'ved colored in the drawing...


Next is pulling out fabric for the yellow part in this butterfly.


So below is what it looks like at this point.





I'll upload a picture of the progress I've made at a different time.  It's not fused down to a background just yet because I've had to step away from it for a while.  

Stay tuned.....

Have a wonderful day........until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment