Sunday, August 24, 2014

Inspiration.......

Today I made it a point to do something related to creating.....my job takes up a lot of my time so I have to sneak in ways to satisfy my creative spirit......

taking photos is a good way......



So I see fall flowers everywhere.......so this begs the question.....do I work on a fall quilt?  I don't have a fall quilt.....I do love all four seasons.....but.....I don't have a fall quilt....by the way.....I was born during the fall/winter season......I'm somehow drawn to the bright jewel tone colors of summer........




When I think of fall/spring....I think of pansies.....below is study I worked on of pansies a few years ago......I had not finished this quilt.......so.....I need a fast small quilt to decorate my office....but you know how people are.....they see a quilt....and they want to touch it.......do people touch paintings.....NO.....they simple admire them.........but fabric art begs to be touched.......so I'm thinking.....take a small quilt to work to decorate my office....but hang it in a shadow box........protected from dust & touching.......I never really liked the quilt I made shown below......it was a study..........so I think I will recycle it......cut it up.....and make it differently......


Here I go.....first one sliced.....


 That first one was painless.....I guess this is because I don't mind how it turns out.....I cut up the others...



So now I have three.....three is a grouping.....in decorating.......I continue.......

Before I can frame in a shadowbox.....I have to finish the edges.....sigh......believe me....it shows......then I need to figure out how to mount it inside the shadow box.....I've tried pins....that doesn't look very professional...it looks half-a.....oops....I mean....half baked......back to the drawing board.....I guess if it was easy......everyone would be on the band wagon.........was it Thomas Edison that once said.......Success.....is missed.....because it comes disguised as hard work.......or something like this.....forgive me Mr. Edison....that wasn't verbatim....but I think I got the message across......as I said before....back to the drawing board.....;)

Until next time.....;)


No comments:

Post a Comment