Saturday, December 3, 2011

Is it snowing near you?

I'm torn between wanting to have snow during this time of the year but, not wanting to deal with shoveling the driveway or driving in the slush.  Thankfully, I don't have to do either but, I am longing for the glistening beauty of snow that sits on tree branches when I look outdoors.  For now I'll just enjoy the type of glistening snow that is fabric sewn into my quilt shown below. 


Some of the houses are drawings of homes that we've previously lived in & the smaller one story cottage house is a pattern from Great American Quilts Book Two, 1994 called, "Cottages in the Snow", 1992 made by the Wenonah Depot Quilters of New Jersey.  These blocks are hand appliqued & also has some embroidered figures to give it a more whimsical look.  The quilting was done by free motion.  Doesn't this quilt remind you a little bit of a Christmas Dickens Village. 

I'll post more Christmas quilts in another day or so......

No comments:

Post a Comment