Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Inspirations

This beautiful quilt was one of the winners at the Houston Quilt Festival 2011.  It is called, "The Loading Dock" made by Mary Buvia. This quilt was magical to look at.  I heard that this quilt may be turned into a pattern sometime in the future.  I certainly hope so because I would buy it to make one of my own.  If I remember correctly there was a lot of sparkle to this quilt, possibly from swarvorski crystals.   Since we're in the holiday season, I wanted to share this beautiful Christmas quilt.  I took about 100 pictures of quilts at the show but this was the only Christmas quilt that won an award.  I'll post pictures of other quilts from the show at a different time.



Here's a close up of toys in Santa's sleigh.


Santa has an organized staff & this elf is checking his list.


This was the look on my face when I entered the show.  Okay........so this shot was staged.  My friend, Diane, took this picture because this was my first time attending the show.  



Here's Diane & I standing close to where the winning quilts were exhibited at the entrance.   This was a fabulous show.  It is huge & you really have to have a map of the George Brown Convention center & plan what to do ahead of time.  This avoids getting overwhelmed when you first walk in.  I'm so glad I planned ahead of time.


I'll post more Christmas quilt pics later......have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment