Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy Fall!

Fall has arrived!

So excited that the temperatures are not as hot.  

Here is another vintage quilt that I bought during the early 90's.  I didn't have any time for quilting during those years & I fell in love with it when I saw it.  These were the colors that I had in my home at the time.  It is completely hand pieced & quilted by a quilting circle of ladies that were selling quilts at a craft show.  I think it's called a Dahlia pattern.



This morning was busy because it was yard work morning.  After wards, I remembered that I had purchased some mini-pumpkins & decided to bring them out.  I've not ever decorated much for fall but, this year I decided to place a touch of fall here & there.


A couple of weeks ago, I bought this velvet pumpkin from a friend who makes these.  I would have bought more but, this was the only orange one she had.




I think I'm going to try to make some in other colors using velvet fabric.  They actually look quite elegant when grouping several pumpkins together in olive greens, burgundy, & golds.  I've been seeing them at certain gift shops & they seem to be easy to make.  I'm going to give it a try. 

I need to take a break from quilting.  Yet, I still have to create something with my hands.  I'll let you know how they turn out.

Stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment