Monday, October 24, 2011

Inspirations

I have been wanting to make a quilt made up of Fall colors for as long as I can remember.  So I thought that a Sun flower would be a good subject to start with but, my sun flower quilt below looks more like Summer than Fall.  I'm merely drawn to certain colors.   


So I looked through quilting magazines to see if any fall colors would inspire me to start on a small fall quilt.  While I did see many beautiful fall quilts I instead noticed this new book by Joen Wolfrom called "Adventures In Design".  As the cover of the book states, it is definitely the ultimate visual guide.  If you're looking for something new, this is definitely a book to not only inspire you but will take you through some great exercises.  I think it's a great reference book to have in your quilting library, along with any of the other books that Joen Wolfrom has authored.   For now, I'm going to go through some of the exercises in the book.  The photography is eye candy!

    




No comments:

Post a Comment