Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tidy Up For Inspiration

If your sewing room is starting to look anything like the following few photos, it's time to clean up.  Scraps of fabric can be a great source of inspiration but, first you have to clean it up & organize it.  How you organize it is certainly up to you.  The point is to organize it so that you can work with your scraps at a later time.  I've certainly gotten into the habit of saving very small pieces. 


I usually refer to photos I've taken & other sources for how to combine colors.  Especially if I'm stuck & can't think of various color combinations.   Before you do this, tidying up your sewing area is a must.  At least it is for me.  After taking a break from working on my current project, I came back into my sewing area to these two photos & wanted to simply walk away.  Too messy for me even though I'm the one who made this mess.  I knew it was time to take a few minutes to straighten things out.



Today is Sunday & I still haven't cleaned up my space.  I just didn't feel like cleaning just yet.  Instead, I went for a walk around the neighborhood with my husband.  To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment