Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quilting Designs From The Garden?

Yes! You can find quilting lines/designs in your garden or anywhere outdoors.  You just have to pay attention to what you see.  Do we really look at what we see?  Not always.  While in my backyard weeding, I stumbled upon a very intricate, interesting design that would look great on a quilt.  A spider web.  I spotted this very small spider right by my climbing mandeville, waiting for lunch to be lured into it's web.  Inspiration is everywhere, you just have to look at what you see....

This spider must have caught lunch because it's no longer there.  Spiders are not my favorite part of a garden but they do make a contribution by existing.  I know many quilters who have quilted spider webs into their quilts & they make for gorgeous artful quilting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment